Saturday, March 26, 2016

Morning Glory card

Here's a morning glory card that I made recently. My first attempt at using Copic markers, the ciao markers. Morning glory stamp is from Stamplorations one of those "oh yes I have to have it" stamps. 


The background is one I picked up at my local rubber stamp store, which is just 2 doors down from me, inside the flower store; it's called Crafter's Studio. They happen to carry some Impression Obsession stamps and when I stop in I've been snagging some of Seth Apter's cling stamps, the background on the card below. Here is a linky to that screen print stamp of Seth's; I stamped it in distress ink, darker in the center and lighter on the sides. 

Here's a close up of the background behind the morning glory. I just ordered the big French Marigold stamp from Stamplorations and I'll show you what I make with that when it arrives. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is a bee card I made for a swap on facebook. I used a stencil for the background in yellow, easier to see in 2nd picture, and a honeycomb background over that in black. The 3 smaller bees and the Bee Happy words are from Studio Calico, the Bee Happy set. Distress inks for all the colors, glitter glue and some gold sequins finish the card. As a bonus, I made a paperclip bookmarker with a giant bee that I've had forever and don't recall who it is from; the back side of the book mark has a honeycomb from the Studio Calico set, and handwritten bee trail/words. This time I made one for myself at the same time the one to be mailed was being made :)





No comments:

Post a Comment